Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Paris, Here We Come!!!

Okay, so maybe this is a little preemptive, considering our trip doesn't take place til September. But geez, that's only like half a year away! And I'm so excited! This is Paris dammit! City of Light, La Ville-Lumière, city of love and lovers! Site of the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Cathedral Notre Dame, the Louvre Museum, and countless other famous monuments. Add to that the sheer enjoyment of wandering through side-streets, taking a break at the quintessential sidewalk cafe, and watching all the hot young Parisians stroll by. Ahhhh....


hot guys on paris roof

Although we probably won't see any hot shirtless guys on Parisian roofs, I'm sure there will be plenty of eyecandy, at least in terms of food and architecture. I hope you guys are making a list of must-dos, because I know I already have plenty! One of them being macaroons, esp from the famous bakery Laduree:

macaroons of different flavors
Oh goodness. I am so looking forward to food in Paris. After all, French cooking has a huge influence on modern food, and from what I've seen on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, it's so damn good~!

Can't wait to share these experiences with you guys! How can I wait 7 months?!!

To finish, a very adorable video in French:





Ah, what use is love? You always hear silly stories, what good is being in love?

Love cannot be explained, it's not like that, it comes out of nowhere and hits you all at once.

As for me, I've heard that love brings sufferings, that love makes you cry, what good is being in love?

What good is love? It brings you joy, with tears in your eyes... It's sad and wonderful!

However, people always say that love is deceiving, that one of the two is never happy...

But even when one has lost it, a love that one has known leaves you with a taste of honey - Love is eternal!
All this is very pretty, but when all is said and done, you're left with nothing, but an immense sorrow...

But all that seems to be tearing you apart right now will become a joyful memory tomorrow.


So essentially, if I understand correctly, without love in your life, without its joys and sorrows, there is nothing to live for?

Of course! Look at me! I believe in it every time! And I believe in it forever... That's what love is for!
As for you, you are the last! As for you, you are the first! Before I had you, I had nothing, with you I'm complete.
You're what I want! You're what I need! You're the one I will always love...
That's what love is for!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Love the background and even more so the title!

    ReplyDelete