Thursday, March 17, 2011

Excuse your French… literally.

Where’s all my soul sisters? Let me hear you flow sisters… Wow, it has been quite some time since we’ve all gone out to the party scene together. There is no doubt that you’ll be checking out Paris entertaining nightlife (and maybe some hot guys like the ones pictured in previous post) as part of the extensive 6/7-day itinerary.

Without further ado, let’s introduce the French phrase of the day lol:

Formal: Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir)?

Informal: "Tu veux coucher avec moi (ce soir)?" or "On couche ensemble (ce soir)?"

Translates to: "Do you want to sleep with me (tonight)?"

Seeing that all of you ladies are already taken, in response one would say:

1) non merci - no thank you

2) non et non! - absolutely not!

3) je crois que non - I don't think so

I remember watching the MTV VMA’s that year. Counting back I was in 8th grade then! The song doesn’t seem to be that old, but it is from ten years ago. Isn’t it funny how our tastes in TV shows change with time? I haven’t seen a single VMA since after high school.

As for the trip I’ve got an update: There is a good deal of hope that I might still be able to make it as long as my work visa gets approved! The immigration service does not start accepting applications until after April 1 and the process takes 3-6 months. So stay tuned with news in July-Aug. I’m also hoping that flight prices don’t go skyrocketing high. Please, please cross your fingers for me, thanks!

2 comments: